Constantly varied FUN-ctional movement!
Based on the principles of mechanics, consistency and then intensity, CrossFit Vashon Kids emphasizes good movement and BIG fun for all ages.
That’s Broad-Inclusive-General fun:
- Increased knowledge of healthy habits
- Improved athleticism
- Boost to social skills
- Better school performance
- More confidence
Consistently good mechanics translate to physical literacy, enhanced sports performance and fewer sports injuries for children. Not only that, a vast body of research indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function, which means consistent adherence to the program can have a positive impact on a child’s academic growth.
Fun means we provide an active alternative to sedentary pursuits, which means less childhood obesity and all-around better health for our children.
Our program is scalable for any age or experience level and accounts for the varied maturation status found in a class full of youngsters. CrossFit Vashon Kids gives children a foundation of physical fitness to stay active throughout their lives.
Crossfit Vashon Kids Gym Rules
Each child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and with this focus, we need your help. Below are gym rules that we use as a CrossFit Vashon Community to protect our youngest members.
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Bring your children to the designated area, where the coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
- Immediately notify the coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or the gym who does not belong there.
- Unless pre-arranged with the coach, the children are only allowed to leave with whoever drops them off or is listed on the registration form.
- Sign your child in and out with the coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- We are an inclusive community and welcome all children regardless of shape, color, or gender identity. We will not tolerate intimidation or bullying
of any kind.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water or a bottle that can be filled up at the water station. Remember to put your child’s name on it!
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down — Eg, Crew-necked t-shirts, knee-length shorts or long pants, and closed-toed sneakers suitable for the gym.
- If you choose to stay and watch the class (and you are welcome!), please do not interrupt or coach your child.
- Crossfit Vashon Kids discipline policy:
First warning: Free of consequence.
Second warning: Sit out the first two minutes of the game.
Third warning: Go to the parent/sit out until the class is over.
Repeated issues may lead to the child being asked to leave the program.
- Finally, please make the coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their safety and learning.